Friday, August 16, 2013

The Start of a New Era!

We attended Isabelle's open house yesterday for VPK. We were able to meet her teachers and the students in her class. Isabelle was very excited but also a little overwhelmed. I have to admit that I am very nervous about her starting preschool. I think that she will excel and blossom, but at the same time it makes me nervous knowing that others will be influencing my daughter. What if she learns "colorful" language from another student? How will she feel when she is rejected by a friend? I won't be there to protect and shelter her, and that terrifies me. She will be away from her family for 15 hours a week. And I know she will learn and change and grow exponentially during that time. And I will learn, change, grow, and begin the long long process of letting go and letting God. Izzy showing off her uniform shirt :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment